Culinary School Tour – Thailand
Enjoy the aroma of spices and bursts of flavour surrounding you throughout the country on a 12 day culinary school tour. Be daring in the kitchen and experience the traditional Thai way of cooking. Thailand, filled with its fertile rice fields, white sandy beaches, delicious food, hospitable people and its obvious tang for life, a place not to be missed!
Read more or enquire now for more information and to personalize the tour to your requirements.
Tour at a glance
- Bangkok city tour, Grand Palace, Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, cooking class.
- Phuket Khao Lak Beach, one hour Jungle trek, Bamboo Rafting, full day Phuket Explorer
Trip including :
- Beach scenic drive,
- 10 minute elephant ride,
- Wat Chalong,
- Phra Teow
- National Park with including lunch,
- local farm visit.
- Phi Phi Island Full day trip, Thai Buffet Lunch
- Phang Nga Full day trip, Rubber Plantation, Wat Suwan Kuha Stop, ride on Long-tail Boat, James Bond Island, lunch at Koh Panyi Muslim Village, worlds largest Gems Factory.
- Day 1: Johannesburg - Bangkok Depart from O.R. Tambo International Airport on your overnight flight to Bangkok.
- Day 2: Bangkok On arrival in Bangkok, you will be met by a Travel & Sport representative and transferred by coach to your hotel where you will be accommodated for 4 nights.
- Day 3: Bangkok After breakfast, enjoy a city tour of Bangkok by boat along the Chao Phraya River and the canals of Thonburi. Included in the tour will be a stopover at the Temple of Dawn. This afternoon you will visit the Grand Palace of Thailand.
- Day 4: Bangkok After breakfast you will depart for a full day’s excursion, including a visit to the Damneon Saduak Floating Market and Thai cooking class at the Rose Garden. The Thai cooking class will be presented by a professional chef who will teach you many exciting traditional Thai dishes.
- Day 5: Bangkok After breakfast, depart for a full day’s visit to Ayutthaya. Ayutthaya was the capital of Thailand for 417 years and is a major tourist attraction. It was founded in 1350 by King U-Thong, and many ancient ruins and artworks can be found here. 33 kings of 5 dynasties ruled the kingdom until it was destroyed by the Burmese in 1767.
- Day 6: Bangkok - Phuket After breakfast you will have some leisure time to do shopping in Bangkok. This afternoon transfer to Bangkok domestic airport where you will board your flight to Phuket. On arrival, spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
- Day 7: Phuket After breakfast you will go on a full day Phuket Explorer trip. This will include exciting
excursions such as a scenic drive along the beaches, a 10 minute elephant ride, a visit to Wat Chalong, a walk through the Phra Teow National Park including a Thai lunch and a visit to a local farm. At the farm, the tradition is to use trained monkeys to pick coconuts.
- Day 8: Phuket - Phi Phi Island - Phuket After breakfast you will transfer to the pier to catch your ferry to Phi Phi Island. Here you will cruise along the fantastic cliff and rock formations. Spend the day at
leisure for swimming or snorkelling. A Thai buffet lunch is included at a seaside restaurant.
- Day 9: Phuket - Phang Nga province - Phuket After breakfast you will transfer from your hotel by bus, travelling through Phuket Island to Phang Nga Province. First stop during the two hour drive is at a rubber plantation. From there we continue to Wat Suwan Kuha, which houses a large number of Buddha images in a huge cave. On arrival in Phang Nga Bay, we continue by traditional long-tail boat on an exciting journey through majestic scenery of mangrove swamps and limestone cliffs to James Bond Island. Later this afternoon you will enjoy a delicious seafood lunch at the Koh Panyi Muslim Village, which is entirely built on wooden stilts over the water. Travelling back to Phuket, a stop is made at the world’s largest Gemstone Factory, where you will experience all the works of creating gemstones.
- Day 10: Phuket - Khao Lak Beach - Phuket After breakfast you will transfer to Khao Lak Beach. Later on you will travel to the Asia Safari Park where you will go on an elephant trek on small trails up to the mountain and enjoy the views over the bay of Khao Lak. Ride through amazing nature, farmland, big trees and bamboo jungles. You will also have time to see the Orchid Garden & Mini Zoo with crocodiles, gibbons, water buffalos and many other animals. After lunch at the old trekking station, we start with a one-hour jungle trek close to the National Park with an opportunity to enjoy a swim at the waterfall. A short drive through farmland brings you to Baan Lamru. Float down a stream on bamboo rafts for about 45 minutes. Then transfer back to Phuket.
- Day 11: Phuket - Johannesburg After breakfast you will transfer from your hotel to Phuket International Airport where you will depart on your overnight flight back to Johannesburg.
- Day 12: Johannesburg Arrive in Johannesburg with all the wonderful memories from your tour.