Academic and Cultural School Tour – Czech Republic, Poland, Germany, Austria
Join us on our breathtaking academic and cultural school tour. Experience an exciting 14 day school tour filled with academic activities. Read more or enquire now for more information and to personalize the tour to your requirements.
Tour at a glance
- Prague: Guided Walking Tour, Prague Castle & St Vitus Cathedral, Jewish Cemetery, Charles Bridge, Astronomical Clock
- Krakow: Schindler’s List Tour, Wieliczka Salt Mine, Auschwitz Concentration & Extermination Camp
- Berlin: Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Holocaust Memorial, Check Point Charlie & Wall Museum, Topography of Terror, Berlin Wall
- Vienna: Schonbrunn Palace, St Stephen’s Cathedral, Prater Amusement Park, Wiener Rathauskeller – The Austrian Dinner Show, Mozarthaus
- Salzburg: Mirabell Gardens, Nonnberg Convent, Castle Hellbrunn, Rock Riding school, Residence Square, Leopoldskron Palace
- Melk: Melk Abbey
- Munich: Marienplatz, Frauenkirche, Viktualienmarket, Residenz Palace, English Garden, Neuschwanstein Castle
- Day 1:Depart SA on your flight to Berlin.
- Day 2:Arrive in Berlin this afternoon! On arrival at the airport you will be met and shown to your coach for transfer to your accommodation for check in Enjoy a brief guided orientation tour en route to your accommodation.
- Day 3:After breakfast, you will meet your full day guide and set off to get better acquainted with Berlin! First stop, The Brandenburg Gate followed by Reichstag. Thereafter, enjoy visiting the following: Holocaust Memorial, Check Point Charlie & Wall Museum, Topography of Terror as well as remnants of the Berlin Wall.
- Day 4:This morning you will bid farewell to Berlin as you continue with your journey. En route to Prague, you will be visiting the beautiful town of Dresden. Whilst in Dresden you will have time for lunch (own account) and some exploring! Later this afternoon arrive in Prague, another jewel in Europe! Check into your accommodation.
- Day 5:Today you have a guided walking tour of Prague! Including: Charles Bridge, Astronomical Clock, St Vitus Cathedral, Prague Castle and the Jewish Cemetery.
- Day 6:After breakfast, you will head off to the Auschwitz Concentration and Extermination Camp for a guided visit. Arrival in Krakow, late this afternoon for check in.
- Day 7:After breakfast, enjoy an exciting half day guided tour of Krakow through the life of Oskar Schindler on the Schindler’s List Tour.
On your tour, you will explore much of the world that Oskar Schindler knew in Krakow such as The Schindler Factory, the owner's wartime apartment and the eerie house that was the residence of Camp Kommandant Amon Goeth. Director Steven Spielberg shot his movie 'Schindler's List' here in Krakow, using many locations that Schindler knew intimately.
Later this afternoon visit Wieliczka Salt Mine.
This evening catch your overnight sleeper train to Vienna.
- Day 8:This morning you will get better acquainted with Vienna as you start your guided full day city tour including guided visits of Schonbrunn Palace, Mozarthaus and St Stephen’s Cathedral! Enjoy your afternoon at Prater Amusement Park. Since this is the City of Music, it would only be right to experience it first-hand. For tonight you have tickets to a show at Wiener Rathauskeller – The Austrian Dinner Show!
- Day 9:After breakfast, you will head out of Vienna and onto another one of Austria’s beautiful cities, Salzburg! En route, enjoy a stop in Melk! Whilst in Melk, visit the must-do Melk Abbey.
From Melk to Salzburg! On arrival in this glorious city, embark on a guided tour where you are bound to see the best of Salzburg – The Sound of Music Tour.
- Mirabell Gardens
- Visit Nonnberg Convent
- Entrance to Castle Hellbrunn
- Visit Rock Riding school – from the famous theatre scene
- Residence Square
- View Leopoldskron Palace
- Day 10:Enjoy a day of leisure in the beautiful city of Salzburg.
- Day 11:After breakfast, bid farewell to Austria as you make your way back into Germany, this time to the Bavarian capital of Munich. Hit the ground running as you meet your guide an enjoy getting to know your new surroundings a little better on your half day guided city tour.
Some of the highlights waiting for you:
- Entrance Frauenkirche
- Viktualienmarket (a perfect spot for lunch)
- Entrance to Residenz Palace
- English Garden
- Day 12:This morning you will head into the magnificent mountains where you will find one of Europe’s most amazing and unique castles, The Neuschwanstein Castle! On arrival enjoy a guided tour. Return to Munich this afternoon and enjoy some leisure time for shopping and exploring.
- Day 13:After breakfast, enjoy some leisure time before your transfer to the airport for your flight back to South Africa.
- Day 14:Arrive in SA