Academic & Cultural School Tour – Egypt
Join us on our breathtaking academic & cultural school tour. Experience an exciting 11 day school tour filled with academic activities. Read more or enquire now for more information and to personalize the tour to your requirements.
Tour at a glance
- Excursions: The Egyptian Museum, Old Cairo, Giza Pyramids, Valley Temple, Papyrus Museum, Perfumery Palace, Cotton Place, High Dam, Temple Of Philae, Kitchener Island Botanical Gardens, Temple Of Sobek, Kom Ombo Temple of Edfu, Felucca ride, Kings Valley, Temple Of Queen Hatshepsut, Colossi Of Memnon, Karnak Temples, Luxor Temple, Glass bottom boat trip - Hurghada
- Day 1:Depart SA on your flight to Cairo.
- Day 2:On arrival in Cairo you will be met by a Travel and Sport representative who will show you to your bus for your transfer to the Egyptian Museum for a tour of over 120 000 pieces of paranoiac antiquities and the famous Tutankhamen collection. After lunch the Papyrus Museum will be visited to see how the very first paper in history was made from the Papyrus plant! After the two tours, you will transfer to your hotel accommodation where you will have time to rest before your departure to a local restaurant for dinner.
- Day 3:After breakfast, you will start the day with a visit to Old Cairo which is the Coptic area and contains the oldest churches in Egypt that date from the 3rd,4th and 5th century. You will then have lunch at a local restaurant before departing to the famous Giza Pyramids which is one of the great wonders of the world and the Valley Temple. One of the highlights of the day will be a camel ride in front of one of the ancient wonders of the world. Thereafter you will head to the Perfumery Palace and Cotton place. Transfer to the airport for your flight to Aswan. On arrival transfer to your hotel for check in and dinner.
- Day 4:After breakfast, you will start the day off with a tour of the High Dam completed in 1971 which ensure up to 3 harvests per year for local farmers. You will then depart to the Temple of Philae, which is built on an island in the Nile, which was dedicated to the Goddess Isis. You will embark on your Nile cruise with lunch served aboard. You will be taken around Elepantine island which will lead you to the botanical gardens on Kitchener Island. This evening take a walk around this quaint city with its market street where the scent of peanuts and spices greet you.
- Day 5:This morning, experience the sunrise over the Nile from the deck of the cruise-liner. Enjoy breakfast at leisure. You will disembark at Kom Ombo for your guided tour of the Temple of Sobek and Haroeris. You will continue on your cruise and overnight on board with dinner included.
- Day 6:Today depart early by bus to visit the Temple Horus the mythical son of Isis Osiris. Here according to myth, Horus avenges the murderer of his father Osiris by defeating his father’s brother Seth in combat. Afternoon continue sailing to Esna and continue to Luxor. Dinner and overnight on board.
- Day 7:After breakfast you will visit King’s valley, the Temple of Hatshepsut of el Deir El Bahary and Colossi of Memnon. You will then disembark the Nile Cruise and have lunch at restaurant; then start your tour through East Bank Luxor Temple. Originally joined to Karnack temples by an avenue of sphinxes, visit Karnak Temple which covers a very big area and includes several temples, the largest being the Temple of Amon. Transfer to Hurghada by private air condition bus, arrive in Hurghada and check in at your hotel. Dinner at the hotel.
- Day 8:After breakfast enjoy all the different sights of Hurghada. Today enjoy snorkelling and a glass bottom boat ride. Breakfast and dinner will be served at the hotel.
- Day 9:Today you will have a full leisure day to explore and enjoy Hurghada at your own pace! You will have the opportunity to go snorkelling and swimming.
- Day 10:After breakfast you will be transferred to Cairo by air-conditioned bus. After the 5-hour drive you will have 2-hours of free time at the shopping mall near the airport or at Khan El Khalili bazaar in Cairo, where you will also have lunch. You will then be transferred to the airport and depart home with wonderful memories.
- Day 11:Arrive in SA