Academic Achievers School Tours background
Exceptional results lead to exceptional rewards. This aeons old cardinal truth holds only when exceptional effort is applied. Travel and Sport acknowledges and respects this actuality and hence created a channel to reward the academic achievers of South African schools with an exclusive educational tour. The tour members spend time with their intellectual equals from all over the country and starts networking into this exclusive brain pool. No money can buy anybody’s way into qualifying. Participants qualify by being part of the top academic group in their respective schools.
Be part of this unique project.
Register your school’s interest now by completing the quick no-obligation form at the bottom of the page.
How does it work?
- Schools nationwide send in their academic achiever names from Gr 8 -11.
- Those learners receive a personalised invitation from us to attend the following year’s Academic Achievers Tour
- Those learners whose parents accept the invitation follow our booking steps and communicate directly with us. Their child joins like-minded students on a fascinating tour where they interact, network and learn.
- The school doesn’t have any administrative burden apart from providing names and distributing invitations to the selected learners.
Where to in 2018?
During 2018 we will once again be offering the incredibly popular Academic Achievers Tour to the USA.
To expose your school’s Academic Achievers to this opportunity, complete the below form and we will be in touch!
What is happening in 2017?
In 2017, we have a group of almost 300 learners and teachers touring Europe.
What happened in 2016?
During 2016 Academic Achievers had the choice of touring to either the UK or the USA, as we ran the two tours concurrently.
Read about our past Academic Achievers Tours
Academic Achievers School Tour USA 2015
Travel and Sport took 240 of South Africa’s Top Academic Achievers on an exclusive tour to the USA during the September/October 2015 holidays.
1. Attending private tailor made lectures presented by academic leaders in their fields and/or campus visits at:
- University of Columbia
- And other institutions of higher learning
2. Visiting exceptional and fascinating museums and facilities such as:
- Smithsonian Air and Space Museum
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
- UN Headquarters
- Metropolitan Museum of Arts
3. Optional excursions:
- NASA Kennedy Space Center
- Universal Studios