STEM School tour to the USA
Join us on our popular science school tour. Experience an exciting 11 day school tour filled with science, technology, engineering and mathematics activities. Read more or enquire now for more information and to personalize the tour to your requirements.
Tour at a glance
- Chicago: The International Museum of Surgical Science, 3D Printer Experience, Museum of Science & Industry, *STEM Special Session @ University of Illinois at Chicago, *Cubs Baseball Match
- Boston: MIT Museum, Museum of Science, The North-eastern University Marine Science Centre at Nahant, *STEM lecture @ MIT
- NYC: 9/11 Memorial Visit, Charging Bull on Wall Street, Liberty & Ellis Island Cruise, The Statue of Liberty, Chelsea Market, The Wall Street Experience Tour, Rose Centre for Earth & Science, Picnic Lunch in Central Park, USS Intrepid, Empire State Building viewing deck
- Day 1:Depart SA on your flight to Chicago.
- Day 2:Arrive in this iconic American city & transfer to your hotel. Settle in after a long journey.
- Day 3:After breakfast, begin your adventure with a visit to The International Museum of Surgical Science! This afternoon, head to the 3D Printer Experience, Chicago. The guided tour will explore the advent of 3D printing & the real-world applications of this exciting technology. Spend the afternoon at the World-renowned Museum of Science and Industry – one of the foremost in the World & largest centre in the Western Hemisphere! Here, enjoy visits to the MSI Theatre, U-505, the Coal Mine exhibit, WOW Tour and current special exhibits. Enjoy an evening at the iconic Wrigley Field watching one of the World’s most famous teams in action – the Chicago Cubs at America’s favourite past-time – a Baseball Game!
- Day 4:Today the tour showcases a highlight with a full-day guided excursion to the University of Chicago. Here the group will participate in a STEM Educational Session following advanced programmes covering all of the fields of technology, mathematics, science & engineering! Then, take a late afternoon flight to Boston, MA. On arrival transfer to accommodation for check in.
- Day 5:Boston: Today, head out of Boston and on to the MIT Campus for a guided tour of this, one of the most prestigious universities in the World. Take a visit to the MIT museum before enjoying another tour highlight – A private STEM Lecture from one of MIT’s brilliant professors! This afternoon, return to Boston for a visit to the iconic Museum of Science, different in more ways than one from Chicago’s MSI with a strong focus on theory vs MSI’s look into engineering & industrial innovation. Enjoy an IMAX film & the planetarium before immersing yourself in the spectacular exhibits.
- Day 6:This morning, head out to the Northeastern University Marine Science Center for a scheduled marine biology session looking at the science behind & technology applied to marine conservation. Transfer to the train station and take your one way Boston to New York Amtrak Northeast Regional class train transfer. Arrive in the Big Apple – New York City! On arrival transfer to your accommodation for check in.
- Day 7:After breakfast, transfer to Lower Manhattan and embark on a memorable 9/11 Ground Zero Memorial Tour of the site where the two mighty World Trade Centre Twin Towers once stood. Following a moving visit to Ground Zero, transfer by ferry cruise to Liberty Island where the group will disembark & enjoy a visit of the Statue of Liberty Museum chronicling the hardships of America’s migrants arriving on the island. The afternoon sees the group head over to Wall Street for a visit to the Charging Bull for a classic photo opportunity, thereafter delve deeper into the world of Wall Street as you do the Wall Street Experience Tour! Find out more about Investment Banking, Mergers and Acquisitions! Late afternoon/early evening: Cap off a busy day with a visit to the Chelsea Market for a spot of shopping & dinner at leisure. (own account)
- Day 8:After breakfast, transfer to the riverside for a tour of the USS Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum! Enjoy the afternoon at leisure out and about in NYC! Check out the main spots: Times Square, 5th Avenue, The Highline and much more! Finish off with the unforgettable view from the Empire State Building Observation Deck!
- Day 9:Kick off activities this morning at the Rose Centre for Earth and Space for an enthralling morning of discovery in this, one of the World’s most foremost collections on biological and human history. Enjoy a picnic lunch in the famous, Central Park! Includes: Fruit, Sandwich, Cookie, Drink. This evening meet up in Times Square for your farewell dinner at the famed Hard Rock Café!
- Day 10:After breakfast you may have some leisure time for last minute shopping before your airport transfer.
- Day 11:Arrive in SA
- Consider catching a flight to Washington or Orlando! So much to see and do!